For curtains and valances with a pocket for gathering or shirring onto a curtain rod.
1) To Determine Width:
- Measure the width of each window you plan to decorate.*
- Round the measurement to the nearest inch and multiply by 2 or 3, depending on the desired amount of gathering (fullness) you want.
- Divide this number by the width of the curtain pair, panel, or valance to determine how many to purchase. Round to the nearest whole number.
Width of Window x 2 (or 3) ÷ Width of Curtain or Valance = _________.
2) To Determine Length:
- Measurement is from the top of the rod.
- Popular Curtain Lengths:
- 63 inches-hangs to windowsill on most windows
- 84 inches-hangs to floor on most windows
- 95 inches-for use on taller windows or to puddle on the floor
- Move rod up or down to adjust for the length of the curtain panel.
*Important Note: Because not all windows are exactly the same, measure each window separately.