In just a few months, the scraggly fingertips of winter trees will be stippled with gray-green buds. Easter lilies will push from the soil and trumpet their revival, kissing the air with their lemony petals. Spring is a dazzling season, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself incorporating its trademark colors into your wardrobe and home. Get a jump-start with the new spring 2013 color palette from Pantone; from fashion to home decor, you can bet these colors will be in shop windows and flowering trees alike this coming season.
- Emerald: Named Color of the Year for 2013, this gilded green is sure to be everywhere!
- Grayed Jade: Ethereal and dewy, Grayed Jade is a muted green, ideal for a soothing environment.
- Tender Shoots: Tender Shoots is unexpected but feisty. Envision a vivacious yellow-green pushing through the melting snow.
- Lemon Zest: Lemon Zest is a pristine and energetic yellow, like the first flash of March sunshine.
- Dusk Blue: A truly “zen” color, the palliative Dusk Blue will quench all who pause to languish in it.
- African Violet: This light purple is truly cathartic. Reminiscent of a lilac spray across a hillside.
- Linen: A clean and elegant neutral. Perfect on its own or when balancing out “louder” colors.
- Monaco Blue: Rich and jewel-toned, the deep Monaco Blue complements the softer Dusk Blue.
- Poppy Red: Among all these dreamy shades, bold red does wonders as a pop of color.
- Nectarine: A tart shade with a sweet side, Nectarine orange is vivid and luscious.
More color palettes like “New Old School” (primary colors with an edge) and “Footprints” (playful, “nursery-room” pigments) abound in Pantone’s 2013 color selection. Keep a look out for these cutting-edge color palettes, due to bloom in home decor and fashion worlds Spring 2013.
One thought on “Spring 2013 Color Palette from Pantone”
Reblogged this on Mike Malott and commented:
Pantone always has it right.