Have you had your first hummingbird sighting yet this year? What joy this little bird brings! First that low characteristic buzzing, then an iridescent flash of color, and finally a brief pit stop at your feeder before it zips back to its tree. Maybe you’ve even watched a male hummingbird dance and dive in a showy, acrobatic display to court the female hummingbird.
Even if it’s not hummingbird season where you live, you can delight in this marvelous avian creature whenever you like. Hummingbird decor in the form of wall art, table lamps, nightlights, and more will bring your favorite bird-watching memories to mind. Click here to view a variety of hummingbird decor, including the items featured below.
To get you in the spirit to decorate with hummingbird home accents, here are just a few fascinating hummingbird facts from www.worldofhummingbirds.com:
- Hummingbirds are the tiniest birds in the world.
- An average-sized hummingbird will have about 940 feathers.
- A hummingbird baby is generally smaller than a penny.
- A hummingbird’s heart beats up to 1,260 times per minute and about 250 times per minute at rest.
- A hummingbird’s metabolism is roughly 100 times that of an elephant.
- A hummingbird’s wings will rotate in a full circle.
- A hummingbird will lap up nectar at a rate of about 13 licks per second.