What’s not to love about farmhouse-inspired Christmas decor? This holiday decorating theme embraces the eclectic style, featuring rustic pieces with a modern edge. Nothing is too fussy here, so if your decor looks lived-in, or something’s a bit out of place, all the better. This decorating style will welcome your thrift-store finds, mismatched kitchenware, and weathered mementos from years past. Get ready to give your home plenty of country Christmas flavor!
How to get started?
1. Homemade decorations
Let your DIY spirit flourish as you create holiday decorations by hand. Give your tree a one-of-a-kind look with handcrafted ornaments, or hang a Christmas card garland on your wall.
2. Textural interest
Mix textures to keep your farmhouse Christmas decor from looking staid. Burlap, felt, and galvanized metal are just some of the materials that will be right at home in this style. Hang a wooden plank sign or a plaque featuring a corrugated metal tree above your fireplace as a charming mantel accent.
3. Repurposed items
No need to stock up on new holders for this decorating style! Fill aged buckets, watering cans, or pitchers with faux holiday greenery for a fresh take on vase arrangements. Turn Mason jars or vintage lanterns into LED candle luminaries for safe accent lighting. Stock clear latch-lid canisters with peppermint sticks for old-time appeal. If you can reuse or restyle something to suit your decor, do it!
4. Unique statement pieces
Go on the hunt for those offbeat items that will make your farmhouse decor stand apart! Just a few ideas: a white resin reindeer head, a stack of vintage soda crates, an old trunk used as a table, or a darling antique sled or wagon.
5. Comfy accessories
Don’t forget plump decorative pillows, fringed throw blankets, and patchwork quilts to give warmth and comfort to living rooms and bedrooms.
Below are a few farmhouse-style Christmas decorations to inspire your inner decorator! Click on each image below to view the item shown.
If minimalism is your thing, you’ll love the Scandinavian Christmas decorating style. This pared-down holiday decorating theme draws inspiration from the Scandinavian region, with lots of natural touches and homespun accents. Simplicity and homey charm are key for this unpretentious Christmas look.
Here are a few basics you can use as a foundation for this style: natural wood decorations, greenery swags and wreaths, trees dappled with homemade ornaments, and presents wrapped in brown paper and tied with twine. To cozy it all up, you might want to add textural touches of snuggly faux fur—perhaps a rug, throw blanket, or tree skirt.
After you have the basics in place, you can enhance the Scandinavian holiday decorating style with one of three palettes (or use some combination to create a look that is all your own!):
1) stark black and pristine white
2) icy/frosted with metallic golden touches and candles
3) red and white or cream, especially Nordic patterns
Below are a few decorations that would look delightful amidst your Scandinavian-inspired Christmas decor. Click on each image below to view the items shown.
We’re shining a spotlight on one of our favorite fall colors: cinnabar! This deep red-orange shade can be used all year long, but it’s fabulous in fall as a sophisticated alternative to pumpkin oranges and bright reds. Here are a few ways you can decorate with cinnabar in your home this autumn.
1. Pair solid-color cinnabar curtains with drapes in a compatible color like antique gold, bronze, beige, or brown. Complete the window treatment with matching waterfall valances, then use metal wall art panels at the sides to accent the arrangement in a symmetrical fashion. If you’re feeling adventurous, choose artwork with complementary color pops of golden orange, turquoise, or sage.
2. Drape a furnishing in a sunset-colored furniture protector to keep it looking great and brighten your living room for fall. Hang framed wall art prints in neutral tones over your loveseat or sofa to provide a polished look while keeping the attention on the beautiful sunset hue.
3. Layer European shams and decorative pillows in ember glow atop your bed to enhance the pattern colors and give your bedroom a luxe look. Place a sleek lamp with a clear glass font on your bedside table and hang a mirrored wall art piece above the headboard for sumptuous appeal.
4. Place plush, solid cinnabar mats on your bathroom floor for cushion underfoot, and choose a toilet lid cover in a matching color for a unified appearance. Then add your classiest bath furnishings in metallics or neutrals, or choose accessories in autumn tones for a full-out fall aesthetic.
Do you love the glow of candlelight but worry about the fire hazard? Are you simply trying to reduce clutter on table tops? Perhaps you just want an interesting alternative to traditional artwork. LED lighted autumn wall art is a great solution! These battery-powered canvases have the effect of candlelight; plus, they hang on your wall, keeping table tops free for your favorite fall decorations.
Click here to view beautiful LED lighted canvases for fall.
The Harvest Welcome LED Canvas has the appearance of an antiqued window laden with autumn foliage, a lantern, and flickering candles. This 24”Wx19”H canvas glows with white LED lights.
The Harvest Display LED Canvas resembles a decorated mantel covered in gourds, candles, a pumpkin, and berry vines. This 34”Wx10”H canvas illuminates via covered LED lights.