Do you feel like you need a secluded little hideaway to escape to when the holiday season reaches its frenzied peak? Mountain Christmas decor is all about coziness and relaxation—with a few rustic touches added to your home, you’ll be ready to snuggle under your plushest blanket and let those holiday stresses melt away as you sip cocoa in front of a crackling fire (real or virtual).
Take a look at how we brought some mountain-inspired magic to this living room.
Click here to view most of the seasonal and rustic decor we used.
- We adorned the window and wall on either side of the fireplace with lodge-themed tier curtains, a lighted canvas depicting a vintage holiday scene, and a faux wood display ledge.
- We warmed up the bare floor with a rustic area rug bordered in pine cones and plaid, then placed an accent chair topped with a throw pillow nearby.
- We placed wilderness Santas on the floor and dangled snowmen Christmas stockings from the mantel. We opted for seasonal decor in earthy, muted tones rather than bright reds or glittery golds.
- We gave some nature flavor to the area above the fireplace with a pair of decorative 24”H trees covered in pine cones and a pre-lit, frosted faux greenery wreath.
Is Santa the ultimate Renaissance man? Though nothing will top his delight in delivering presents, his interests aren’t limited to the toy shop. You might be surprised to find that Santa knows his way around the kitchen, he appreciates a fine wine, and he’s an avid fisherman—and that’s just the beginning! From Possible Dreams®, the Clothtique™ figurines depict Santa engaged in all his various hobbies or simply spending time with his loved ones. Most of the Clothtique™ Santa figurines are designed by Ann Dezendorf, and each has special details: handpainted resin features and a hand-sewn, specially stiffened cloth costume.
Click here to view over 50 Clothtique™ Santa figurines, including the new 2017 introductions shown below.
Wine enthusiasts will adore the Santa’s Classic Vintage Clothtique™, an exclusive figurine available only at Touch of Class®! This holiday accent depicts Santa leaning against a Touch of Class® wine barrel, enjoying a glass of red wine.
Santa is quite the romantic, and he always appreciates a good holiday tradition, so some sweet Mistletoe Kisses might be in his future. He and Mrs. Claus wear costumes with embroidered, metallic gold accents.
Santa certainly gets his fill of cookies on Christmas Eve, but sometimes he can’t wait until that special night! That’s why he and his little helper are preparing batches of Homemade Cookies—shaped like snowmen, of course.
Nothing says quality time like making the caroling rounds with Mrs. Claus and a “deer friend.” The Clauses’ elegant red coats are embroidered with “A Merry Christmas” messages, and Santa’s lantern lights up. This darling figurine trio is a limited edition!
Do you sometimes wish that the holiday elves would sneak into your bedroom when you’re not around and transform it into a glorious display straight from the catalog pages? Then the next time you’d walk in, your bedding would be fabulously festive and beautifully coordinated. Even if the elves can’t spare a moment from their toy-making duties, these holiday bed ensembles will still bring you that merry, lavish look in your bedroom—with just a little effort on your part, of course.
New for 2017, these exclusive holiday bedding patterns are only available at Touch of Class®; our in-house designer dreams them up, along with a variety of bed and window coordinates that are sold separately, so you can create your own frothy bed confection accessorized just the way you want it.
Click on the names or images below to view the Christmas bedding ensembles shown, as well as coordinating items from the entire collection.
The Poinsettia Palace holiday bedding ensemble has a champagne faux silk foundation embellished with embroidered designs like poinsettias, berries, holly leaves, pine sprigs, and golden ribbon.
The Holiday Traditions bedding ensemble combines printed poinsettia designs with plaid for contrast. The decorative pillows, sold separately, have embroidered designs on one side and reverse to plaid.
The Peppermint Dreams bedding ensemble has a bold holiday style with colors of red, green, black, and white. Candy cane motifs and striped designs make this Christmas bed pattern sweet yet sassy. A quilt set and a bedspread are available in this pattern – plus lots of fun accessories.
Is your holiday decor looking a little humdrum this year? Let poinsettia accents flourish anywhere your home needs a decorative boost! With their saturated, showy red bracts, poinsettias are just the thing to perk up a floor, furnishing, or window. Decorating with poinsettia accents allows you to bring a cohesive element to your room while still giving you the flexibility to mix and match a variety of items.
For this holiday living room, we started with five larger pieces that would set the stage for all kinds of accessories to be added afterward. We used the following:
- a full, coordinating window treatment (curtains with tiebacks and a matching valance)
- a tall, flat-back tree that could be pushed close to the wall (decorated with faux poinsettias, of course)
- a grand wall mirror set (central mirror and two grille-style sides)
- a decorative stained glass fireplace screen
- a statement rug (a poinsettia runner with shaped edges)
From here, we simply embellished the room with smaller poinsettia accents or glimmering accessories:
- two different holiday throw pillows nestled together on a loveseat
- a trio of glittering red wire tree accents grouped on the floor
- a ribbon-and-greenery garland placed across the mantel
- a pre-lit poinsettia wreath hung over the fireplace
- an angel topper with poinsettias displayed atop the tree
To recreate the look, click here to view the holiday decor that we used!