The fireplace is lavished with attention during the holiday season—bedecked with garland, twinkle lights, and stockings. Why not spend a little time making sure your harvest hearth is just as festive? Before long, everyone in your family will want to gather as the fall season reaches its peak beauty. You can almost smell the apple cider and (of course) pumpkin spice treats now!
Here are a few decorating tips for your fall fireplace:
- Draw the eye upward with an autumn canvas placed above the mantel.
- Add width to the wall display if needed by hanging a vibrant fall wreath on each side.
- Top the mantel with a dimensional fall arrangement and figurines.
- Bring interest to the fireplace base with a grand candelabra, pumpkins, and baskets.
- Cozy up the space with an autumn area rug, fall decorative pillows, and soft throws.
Click here to view all the items we used to decorate our autumn fireplace.
Decorating your fall kitchen is as simple as adding a little texture with mixed-material home decor: a wooden tray topped with homemade bread or decadent cheese adds warmth to the arrangement. Then, create a little contrast with fall table decorations fashioned from metal and glass. A metallic luster adds a bit of flash to your table, while glass allows you to show off the contents within, be it a bouquet of sunflowers or tiny rolls of colorful paper scrawled with all of your blessings.
Wondering just where you should start? On your countertops, a trio of fluted glass canisters adds a sweet note of simplicity. The whitewashed wood lids convey a kind of rustic charm; build on that with a vintage milk can that meshes metal with glass for a chic, mixed materials vibe.
Put your sideboard to good use and show off a wooden serving tray with a glass dome cloche. Gourmet crackers can be arranged to one side of the cloche, while the dome itself protects your fine cheese and only heightens the presentation. Easy Thanksgiving decorations might also include a decorative beverage dispenser for punch or apple cider.
Be sure to pay close attention to your fall tablescapes as well, whether this means the coffee table or the dining table. Metal candleholders with glass hurricanes could be just the thing to spice up your living room. The looped ring design in gold will assuredly catch eyes. Work in a sculptural branch, some acorns, and a smattering of fall leaves for a natural accent.
Or, let candleholders bring a metallic gleam to your dining table. You’ll want to pay special attention to this area of the home – it’s the crowning glory of your fall decorating! Incorporate a marbled-style texture with placemats resembling this cool, smooth stone. Topped with charger plates in gleaming gold, your placemats will combine with other mixed elements for a high-fashion fall look.
Click here to view a variety of mixed-material entertaining accessories, including the items below.
If the lingering summer swelter has you down, you can always dream of fall. The autumn season will soon be bringing its technicolor splendor to every outdoor sight—and Mother Nature assumes you can take care of the indoors! These exclusive fall home decor items are only available from Touch of Class®, and they’ll infuse your rooms with the rich hues and abundant beauty of autumn.
Click here to view the items below, as well as other exclusive fall home decor from Touch of Class®.
Warm up your dining table with your favorite seasonal dishes, and don’t forget a gorgeous table runner. The Sunflowers and Poppies Table Runner dazzles your tablescape with fiery hues, embroidery, and cutwork. You can update your kitchen countertop, too, with the Fall’s Bounty Paper Towel Holder. Delectable fruits ring the bottom, while acanthus leaf designs lend a classy embellishment.
If you’re all-in for autumn, you might even consider updating your bedroom with a nature-inspired ensemble. The Leafbrook Comforter Set, an exclusive design from Touch of Class®, will delight your senses with its soft faux suede feel and colorful, climbing leafy vines. Layer any number of decorative pillows atop the bed for a lush look. Finally, decorate a bare wall with the multihued Falling Leaves Wall Art Set. Capable of hanging in multiple directions, these metal branches feature hand-dyed openwork leaves that will be the crowning touch on your autumn aesthetic.
We’re shining a spotlight on one of our favorite fall colors: cinnabar! This deep red-orange shade can be used all year long, but it’s fabulous in fall as a sophisticated alternative to pumpkin oranges and bright reds. Here are a few ways you can decorate with cinnabar in your home this autumn.
1. Pair solid-color cinnabar curtains with drapes in a compatible color like antique gold, bronze, beige, or brown. Complete the window treatment with matching waterfall valances, then use metal wall art panels at the sides to accent the arrangement in a symmetrical fashion. If you’re feeling adventurous, choose artwork with complementary color pops of golden orange, turquoise, or sage.
2. Drape a furnishing in a sunset-colored furniture protector to keep it looking great and brighten your living room for fall. Hang framed wall art prints in neutral tones over your loveseat or sofa to provide a polished look while keeping the attention on the beautiful sunset hue.
3. Layer European shams and decorative pillows in ember glow atop your bed to enhance the pattern colors and give your bedroom a luxe look. Place a sleek lamp with a clear glass font on your bedside table and hang a mirrored wall art piece above the headboard for sumptuous appeal.
4. Place plush, solid cinnabar mats on your bathroom floor for cushion underfoot, and choose a toilet lid cover in a matching color for a unified appearance. Then add your classiest bath furnishings in metallics or neutrals, or choose accessories in autumn tones for a full-out fall aesthetic.
Do you love the glow of candlelight but worry about the fire hazard? Are you simply trying to reduce clutter on table tops? Perhaps you just want an interesting alternative to traditional artwork. LED lighted autumn wall art is a great solution! These battery-powered canvases have the effect of candlelight; plus, they hang on your wall, keeping table tops free for your favorite fall decorations.
Click here to view beautiful LED lighted canvases for fall.
The Harvest Welcome LED Canvas has the appearance of an antiqued window laden with autumn foliage, a lantern, and flickering candles. This 24”Wx19”H canvas glows with white LED lights.
The Harvest Display LED Canvas resembles a decorated mantel covered in gourds, candles, a pumpkin, and berry vines. This 34”Wx10”H canvas illuminates via covered LED lights.
Wake up to autumn in your bedroom, or bring some fall flair to your dining area! These nature-inspired home accents can be used all year long to infuse your decor with earthy elements, but they’ll be most appropriate during the autumn season. Dappled leaf designs mingle with warm hues and neutral shades for a gorgeous effect.
Click here to view a variety of elegant fall home decor, including the items featured below.
For your dining area:
The Amison Table Linens feature colorful foliage on the face and a checkered pattern on the reverse. Scalloped edges and quilted detailing enhance the table runner and placemats.
For the living room:
The Darent Stained Glass Table Lamp glows with amber and green tones, as well as gem embellishments. Brighten your favorite harvest decor with this pull-chain lamp.
For the bathroom:
The Sheffield Shower Curtain is a medley of block, scroll, and leaf designs, all in a pleasing palette. Coordinating shower hooks with handpainted leaf motifs will leave your bathroom autumn-ready.
For the bedroom:
Soft faux suede provides the cozy foundation for the Leafbrook Comforter Bedding. Appliqued and embroidered leafy vines wind across one side of the face, while channel quilting adorns the other half.
Are you looking for a unique take on autumn home decor? Try contemporary furnishings in warm, metallic shades! Gilded shades of aged gold, bronze, and copper provide a sophisticated alternative to those ubiquitous fiery reds and oranges found in fall decorating. Here are just a few ideas on how to infuse your room with modern verve and metallic hues:
- Select a bold geometric rug with an avant-garde, art deco flair to provide the foundation.
- Choose complementary window treatments that utilize similar shades.
- Protect furnishings with solid-color covers to break up the striking patterns found in the room.
- Illuminate the posh setting with a multi-arm floor lamp finished in a metallic tone.
- Accessorize with shimmering throw pillows, an abstract sculpture, or a pair of sleek metal sconces.
Click here to view a variety of metallic home decor, including the items shown below.
Click here to shop only the items featured in the room below.