The fireplace is lavished with attention during the holiday season—bedecked with garland, twinkle lights, and stockings. Why not spend a little time making sure your harvest hearth is just as festive? Before long, everyone in your family will want to gather as the fall season reaches its peak beauty. You can almost smell the apple cider and (of course) pumpkin spice treats now!
Here are a few decorating tips for your fall fireplace:
- Draw the eye upward with an autumn canvas placed above the mantel.
- Add width to the wall display if needed by hanging a vibrant fall wreath on each side.
- Top the mantel with a dimensional fall arrangement and figurines.
- Bring interest to the fireplace base with a grand candelabra, pumpkins, and baskets.
- Cozy up the space with an autumn area rug, fall decorative pillows, and soft throws.
Click here to view all the items we used to decorate our autumn fireplace.
We’re shining a spotlight on one of our favorite fall colors: cinnabar! This deep red-orange shade can be used all year long, but it’s fabulous in fall as a sophisticated alternative to pumpkin oranges and bright reds. Here are a few ways you can decorate with cinnabar in your home this autumn.
1. Pair solid-color cinnabar curtains with drapes in a compatible color like antique gold, bronze, beige, or brown. Complete the window treatment with matching waterfall valances, then use metal wall art panels at the sides to accent the arrangement in a symmetrical fashion. If you’re feeling adventurous, choose artwork with complementary color pops of golden orange, turquoise, or sage.
2. Drape a furnishing in a sunset-colored furniture protector to keep it looking great and brighten your living room for fall. Hang framed wall art prints in neutral tones over your loveseat or sofa to provide a polished look while keeping the attention on the beautiful sunset hue.
3. Layer European shams and decorative pillows in ember glow atop your bed to enhance the pattern colors and give your bedroom a luxe look. Place a sleek lamp with a clear glass font on your bedside table and hang a mirrored wall art piece above the headboard for sumptuous appeal.
4. Place plush, solid cinnabar mats on your bathroom floor for cushion underfoot, and choose a toilet lid cover in a matching color for a unified appearance. Then add your classiest bath furnishings in metallics or neutrals, or choose accessories in autumn tones for a full-out fall aesthetic.
With its harvest colors and inviting appearance, the fall wreath is surely a staple of autumn decorating. The door is most often its place of honor, but, good as it looks there, you might want to spice things up this season. That faithful fall wreath is surprisingly versatile and can look just as stunning in another area of the home. Let these ideas inspire you to decorate with fall wreaths in unexpected ways.
An adjustable Wreath Holder Stand allows you to display your favorite fall wreath on the floor or table top. Simply adjust this indoor accent to the desired height, and add your wreath to the hook at the top. Use this wreath stand all year long to create a wonderful seasonal display. The Pomegranate Fall Wreath is a marvelous choice for display on the stand. This harvest wreath features pine cones, fabric leaves, and pomegranates on a twig base.
Another wreath display option is as a decorative centerpiece on your fall table. Let its autumnal beauty shine alone, or create a more extravagant display by adding a candleholder and LED candles. The Oak Leaf Fall Wreath is shown here encircling the Maurelle Candleholder and the Color-Changing LED Flameless Candle Set.
If your fall wreath is embellished with pumpkins and features bright colors, you might consider making it part of your Halloween display. Simply hang it on the wall, place a couple pedestal tables beneath, and add your favorite Halloween decorations nearby. Here, the beautiful Pumpkin Grove Fall Wreath is shown near one of the Spooky Greetings Tabletop Accents and the LED Glass Pumpkin Accent.