Before long, Spring will gently brush away the last chilly remnants of Winter with her delicate fingers. Shy flower buds and tender shoots will dapple the once-barren landscape, with the promise of an even greater spectacle to come. The spring 2016 color palette from Pantone immerses us in these soothing, reflective pastels, balanced by bright, playful hues. Pantone is a world-renowned color authority; each year, its color experts select a Color of the Year after careful consideration and trend analysis.
Expect to see these pigments popping up in the fashion world and used frequently in home decor; use them as inspiration for your own color updates!
1. Rose Quartz: One of the two 2016 Pantone Colors of the Year, this blushing shade imparts a dreamy quality wherever it is placed.
2. Peach Echo: This sweet, fresh peach is perfect for decorators wanting a tempered alternative to tangy orange.
3. Serenity: The other 2016 Color of the Year, this subdued, comforting blue can be used alone or in quiet combination with Rose Quartz.
4. Snorkel Blue: A cool plunge underwater. This deep shade plays contrast to the light, calming colors.
5. Buttercup: Optimistic and sunny, this irrepressible yellow beams back at you.
6. Limpet Shell: Like an idyllic day at the beach, this refreshing aqua will remind you of clear waters rushing to the shore.
7. Lilac Gray: A congenial neutral with a hint of lilac for a twist on stony gray.
8. Fiesta: A spicy, saturated red, this confident hue perks up your decor as a zesty accent color.
9. Iced Coffee: A warm light brown with a creamy undertone. Perfect as a transitional shade.
10. Green Flash: This blithe, summery green will charm its way into your decorating scheme.
In just a few months, the scraggly fingertips of winter trees will be stippled with gray-green buds. Easter lilies will push from the soil and trumpet their revival, kissing the air with their lemony petals. Spring is a dazzling season, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself incorporating its trademark colors into your wardrobe and home. Get a jump-start with the new spring 2013 color palette from Pantone; from fashion to home decor, you can bet these colors will be in shop windows and flowering trees alike this coming season.
- Emerald: Named Color of the Year for 2013, this gilded green is sure to be everywhere!
- Grayed Jade: Ethereal and dewy, Grayed Jade is a muted green, ideal for a soothing environment.
- Tender Shoots: Tender Shoots is unexpected but feisty. Envision a vivacious yellow-green pushing through the melting snow.
- Lemon Zest: Lemon Zest is a pristine and energetic yellow, like the first flash of March sunshine.
- Dusk Blue: A truly “zen” color, the palliative Dusk Blue will quench all who pause to languish in it.
- African Violet: This light purple is truly cathartic. Reminiscent of a lilac spray across a hillside.
- Linen: A clean and elegant neutral. Perfect on its own or when balancing out “louder” colors.
- Monaco Blue: Rich and jewel-toned, the deep Monaco Blue complements the softer Dusk Blue.
- Poppy Red: Among all these dreamy shades, bold red does wonders as a pop of color.
- Nectarine: A tart shade with a sweet side, Nectarine orange is vivid and luscious.
More color palettes like “New Old School” (primary colors with an edge) and “Footprints” (playful, “nursery-room” pigments) abound in Pantone’s 2013 color selection. Keep a look out for these cutting-edge color palettes, due to bloom in home decor and fashion worlds Spring 2013.