You might not be surrounded by Italian villa walls, but your kitchen can still have a taste of Tuscany. Olives were the inspiration for our latest kitchen decorating idea—plus stripes in sage and light cream.
Click here to view the furniture and accessories we used to create this kitchen look.
Here’s what we used to furnish this kitchen:
• A wooden counter height dining set finished in rich natural cherry
• Olive- and Tuscan-themed wall art (metal and canvas)
• Simple striped valances and tiers for the windows
• Chair cushions in a matching striped pattern
• Olive-patterned table linens and a decorative centerpiece bowl
• Olive oil-motif cushioned floor mats with memory foam fill
Wine enthusiasts and those with a fondness for Italy will love these decorating ideas! Is your kitchen island or home bar lacking aesthetic flavor? With a few simple steps, you can turn that nondescript space into a charming serving nook bursting with Tuscan-inspired touches.
Click here to view the accessories shown in the image below.
Here’s how to create an Italian-influenced bar area:
- Invest in a sturdy wine storage cabinet with a butcher block top. Opt for a furnishing with a rustic finish to give it the provincial appearance of reclaimed wood.
- Add comfort to prep spaces with wine-themed cushioned mats. Look for a floor mat with skid-resistant backing and memory foam fill.
- Cultivate a warm Tuscan vibe with grape- and wine-themed wall art. An openwork metal wall art sign can be used to give a crowning accent to a pair of canvas panels.
- Don’t forget kitchen accessories! Play up your Italian theme with coordinating accessories like a napkin caddy and a paper towel holder.