Though it was once merely utilitarian, now your home’s entryway can be filled with the ambience of a charming courtyard. Delight in the sun-baked warmth of a cobblestone road, brimming with vegetation and dappled with afternoon light. Step into an inviting cafe and breathe in the delicious aromas permeating the air—or take a seat on the bench and while away a few carefree moments.
Such a grand entryway is yours for the creating! This look is all about Old World flavor, made even more resplendent with green faux olive leaves, dashes of spicy cinnabar, and soothing cherry finishes.
Click here to shop the furnishings we used from the Touch of Class® site, or keep reading below!
A large-scale wall hanging is the obvious focal point; we’ve chosen the Quaint Town Tapestry, which offers an expansive 70”x50” size and a captivating archway scene. Crown the wall hanging with a personalized wall grille like Kinship from JasonW Studios® for a statement that’s uniquely yours.
A padded bench topped with a quilted, matte satin pillow lends comfort to the space, while a pedestal table provides room for your treasured articles, such as a framed photograph, accent clock, or covered jar. Finally, hang a wreath with artificial olive leaves from a monogram over-the-door hanger. We’ve chosen Overture from JasonW Studios®, which features a two-tone design and a layered appearance.
You might not be surrounded by Italian villa walls, but your kitchen can still have a taste of Tuscany. Olives were the inspiration for our latest kitchen decorating idea—plus stripes in sage and light cream.
Click here to view the furniture and accessories we used to create this kitchen look.
Here’s what we used to furnish this kitchen:
• A wooden counter height dining set finished in rich natural cherry
• Olive- and Tuscan-themed wall art (metal and canvas)
• Simple striped valances and tiers for the windows
• Chair cushions in a matching striped pattern
• Olive-patterned table linens and a decorative centerpiece bowl
• Olive oil-motif cushioned floor mats with memory foam fill
Wine enthusiasts and those with a fondness for Italy will love these decorating ideas! Is your kitchen island or home bar lacking aesthetic flavor? With a few simple steps, you can turn that nondescript space into a charming serving nook bursting with Tuscan-inspired touches.
Click here to view the accessories shown in the image below.
Here’s how to create an Italian-influenced bar area:
- Invest in a sturdy wine storage cabinet with a butcher block top. Opt for a furnishing with a rustic finish to give it the provincial appearance of reclaimed wood.
- Add comfort to prep spaces with wine-themed cushioned mats. Look for a floor mat with skid-resistant backing and memory foam fill.
- Cultivate a warm Tuscan vibe with grape- and wine-themed wall art. An openwork metal wall art sign can be used to give a crowning accent to a pair of canvas panels.
- Don’t forget kitchen accessories! Play up your Italian theme with coordinating accessories like a napkin caddy and a paper towel holder.