Re-center the stable foundations of your home’s decor at the beginning of this new era. With the timeless simplicity of Classic Blue, Pantone’s 2020 Color of the Year, turn any room in your home into a space full of peaceful relaxation, honest reflection, and reassuring constancy. In an array of styles and home decor items, Touch of Class® will help you create a home that anchors simple stability and greets guests with elegance.
Start by arranging a bedroom refuge brimming with restful protection, peace, and a style all your own. Choose a versatile solid blue bedding and pair it with bright, bold hues or soft, serene colors to embody your personal flair. Create a tropical getaway in brilliant tones with coral curtains. Find a metallic marvel in bronze, gold, copper, and silver to grace your wall and evoke a sunset’s spectacular tranquility. Capture a meditative and reflective atmosphere with wall mirrors and floor coverings in varying shades of blue, gray, and beige.
Once your bedroom style comes through with clarity, look beyond to the rest of your home. This confident and thoughtful color can be found in items for every area of the home: furniture covers and wall art for the living room, serveware and centerpieces for the kitchen and dining room, towels and accessories for the bathroom, and doormats and outdoor rugs for the porch and patio.
We’ve chosen a few pieces to inspire your creativity in decorating with this dependable and resilient hue. Simply click on each image to learn more about the item, or visit the Touch of Class® web site to shop our entire collection of Classic Blue home decor.
The color experts at Pantone have unveiled the Color of the Year for 2019: Living Coral! This cheery, vivid coral has a golden undertone, making it both joyful and comforting. According to Pantone, Living Coral reflects optimism and playful expression.
How will you infuse your home with the color coral? Naturally, coral can be used to punch up any coastal decorating aesthetic, and it will certainly pop among cool blues and whitewashed hues. If you’re looking forward to spring, seek out floral and butterfly decor in coral tones. Of course, you needn’t adhere to a decorating theme; decorative pillows in coral can provide that desired energizing effect, and if you’re feeling especially bold, let coral curtains amp up a neglected window.
We’ve selected a few home decor items that have coral hues ranging from soft coral pink to deep reddish coral. Click on each image to learn about the item shown.
World-renowned color authority Pantone has named Ultra Violet as its 2018 Color of the Year! According to Pantone, this bold, blue-based purple reflects mystery, ingenuity, and imagination.
If you’re looking for color coordinates, consider the following: Cool mint, fresh lime, or teal give a playful vibe to this saturated violet, as well as a subtle botanical feel, calling to mind blossoms and leaves. Beige, cream, and khaki provide a neutral backdrop to let ultra violet shine without adding competition. Finally, metallic tones bring out the luxe, regal qualities inherent in this intriguing purple.
Here are just a few dreamy home decor pieces inspired by this rich, vibrant color. Click on each image to learn about the item shown.
Pantone has named Greenery its Color of the Year for 2017, and decorators everywhere are choosing this fresh, yellow-green shade to breathe new life into their home interiors. Go bold with this gorgeous green, and use it to cover a large area of the home like a door, wall, or floor. Or, plant a few fun green accent pieces in a room, and see the difference this crisp, invigorating shade can make.
Mix green with bright white for an energizing and pristine look; or soften its impact with low-key neutrals. If you’re really feeling adventurous, pair it with a lemon yellow shade for citrusy appeal, a bold turquoise for a cool beachy vibe, or a deep fuchsia for a garden-inspired appearance.
Here are just a few of our favorite home accents inspired by the shade Greenery! Click on any image to view a variety of home decor in green.
Click here to view Pantone’s suggested color pairings (from rustic to bright!) for use with Greenery.
Before long, Spring will gently brush away the last chilly remnants of Winter with her delicate fingers. Shy flower buds and tender shoots will dapple the once-barren landscape, with the promise of an even greater spectacle to come. The spring 2016 color palette from Pantone immerses us in these soothing, reflective pastels, balanced by bright, playful hues. Pantone is a world-renowned color authority; each year, its color experts select a Color of the Year after careful consideration and trend analysis.
Expect to see these pigments popping up in the fashion world and used frequently in home decor; use them as inspiration for your own color updates!
1. Rose Quartz: One of the two 2016 Pantone Colors of the Year, this blushing shade imparts a dreamy quality wherever it is placed.
2. Peach Echo: This sweet, fresh peach is perfect for decorators wanting a tempered alternative to tangy orange.
3. Serenity: The other 2016 Color of the Year, this subdued, comforting blue can be used alone or in quiet combination with Rose Quartz.
4. Snorkel Blue: A cool plunge underwater. This deep shade plays contrast to the light, calming colors.
5. Buttercup: Optimistic and sunny, this irrepressible yellow beams back at you.
6. Limpet Shell: Like an idyllic day at the beach, this refreshing aqua will remind you of clear waters rushing to the shore.
7. Lilac Gray: A congenial neutral with a hint of lilac for a twist on stony gray.
8. Fiesta: A spicy, saturated red, this confident hue perks up your decor as a zesty accent color.
9. Iced Coffee: A warm light brown with a creamy undertone. Perfect as a transitional shade.
10. Green Flash: This blithe, summery green will charm its way into your decorating scheme.
In just a few months, the scraggly fingertips of winter trees will be stippled with gray-green buds. Easter lilies will push from the soil and trumpet their revival, kissing the air with their lemony petals. Spring is a dazzling season, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself incorporating its trademark colors into your wardrobe and home. Get a jump-start with the new spring 2013 color palette from Pantone; from fashion to home decor, you can bet these colors will be in shop windows and flowering trees alike this coming season.
- Emerald: Named Color of the Year for 2013, this gilded green is sure to be everywhere!
- Grayed Jade: Ethereal and dewy, Grayed Jade is a muted green, ideal for a soothing environment.
- Tender Shoots: Tender Shoots is unexpected but feisty. Envision a vivacious yellow-green pushing through the melting snow.
- Lemon Zest: Lemon Zest is a pristine and energetic yellow, like the first flash of March sunshine.
- Dusk Blue: A truly “zen” color, the palliative Dusk Blue will quench all who pause to languish in it.
- African Violet: This light purple is truly cathartic. Reminiscent of a lilac spray across a hillside.
- Linen: A clean and elegant neutral. Perfect on its own or when balancing out “louder” colors.
- Monaco Blue: Rich and jewel-toned, the deep Monaco Blue complements the softer Dusk Blue.
- Poppy Red: Among all these dreamy shades, bold red does wonders as a pop of color.
- Nectarine: A tart shade with a sweet side, Nectarine orange is vivid and luscious.
More color palettes like “New Old School” (primary colors with an edge) and “Footprints” (playful, “nursery-room” pigments) abound in Pantone’s 2013 color selection. Keep a look out for these cutting-edge color palettes, due to bloom in home decor and fashion worlds Spring 2013.